We are launching: the Lotte Martens candy store!
You have a fabric shop and you’d like to order? We can provide you with an order form and pricelist: contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fabrics like candies. Vivid colors, crackling packaging, a little piece of textile delight. Unpacking them is like a party: release your creativity and use this little pearl to sew a unique detail. With our CANDY STORE collection we launch a new concept in the DIY world: that of uni + printed detail. This collection consists of solids in three qualities (tencel, punta di roma and jersey) and matching candy fabrics (42 x 29 cm). They wish to inspire you to create a classy single-colored garment with some subtle print details.
The recipe for a sweet outfit?
- Choose an accent fabric from our candy store
- Choose the matching uni fabric: we are launching two new qualities (tencel and punta di roma) and we have a range of Eye Candy fabrics on our corax and tarda jerseys.
- Cut your complete pattern from the uni fabric. Use the accent fabric for details like a pocket, a collar or a cuff.
- Tadaaah! Little sweet, huge result!
(To check if your pattern pieces fit into a fabric piece? Lay two A4-sized printing papers next to each other and position your pattern piece onto it. If the pattern piece fits onto the papers, it will also fit into a candy fabric!)
About the fabric qualities:
- Tencel is an ecological fibre made from eucalyptus trees. It has a silky texture and has no stretch in it.
- Punta di Roma is a heavy interlock jersey usable on both sides
- Jersey is a thin stretch fabric often used for sewing T-shirts.
About the prints (left to right): Allium, Moli, Carex and Zilt
In fashion colors like khaki, pink and yellow fluo, supplemented with timeless basics like black and dark blue, this collection is meant for ladies and gentlemen of all ages. A cool chest pocket or a sweet dress? Come shopping in our candy store!
And to make the sweetness complete: 3 jacquards in candy colors!
Are you the owner of a fabric shop and would you like to order? Contact us at email@example.com for price lists and the order form.
A great evening for the complete Lotte Martens team: we won the award for Promising Entrepreneur of 2017 !
On March 7, 2018, the WOMED award for Promising Flemish Entrepreneur 2017 was awarded by Markant vzw, UNIZO and the Flemish Agency for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Lotte Martens was one of the five nominees; and was elected by a jury of entrepreneurs and a public voting. A great acknowledgement for the hard work of the past 3 years, and a springboard to even more dedication in the coming years!
According to the jury, Lotte Martens won because “she is a designer in the most innovative sense of the word. She combines her artistic talents with a clear vision on sustainable production and entrepreneurship.”
Relive the award evening :
More details on the Womed Award website.